Monday 5 April 2010

Sooty and Sweep

When I was a young boy I used to watch this show on TV. Maybe I am exposing my Chinese peers to new ideas here. I have been thinking for years about starting a puppet show. Maybe a glove puppet show like this one is the way to go.
I am certain that something like this will captivate the younger learner. Puppets have been used for hundreds of years. In Indonesia children learn body language from the puppet shows. Sooty does not speak at all, he whispers into the ear of the presenter. Sweep talks by squeaking and the only puppet who can speak (In English naturally) is Soo, who is a sweet natured panda. I am sure that young learners will listen to the puppets rather than to their teacher. This is decidedly low tech, however that does not mean that it will not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment