Wednesday 27 October 2010

A bit Luddite !

I attended an interview at a learning centre on Hong Kong Island. Naturally I mentioned about You Tube and the enormous wealth of suitable material on the Internet. The boss told me that the parents did not want computers in the classroom as they could use computers at home. I became aware of this in Taipei a decade ago. It strikes me as being a bit Luddite. I would have thought getting youngsters involved with computers and keyboard skills was the way to go. If they get familiar with using and interacting with computers at kindergarten level it will greatly aid them later on in life.

I realize most people have grown up with computers, I am of the generation that did not. When I was at school if I wanted information I had to go to a library to find it. This was a laborious task that fortunately has been replaced by search engines.

No comments:

Post a Comment