Saturday 27 February 2010

Re PowerPoint

On Saturday I did an advanced PowerPoint course at CityU. I was unable to do a basic PowerPoint course, I guess I will have to pick that up from somewhere. I did not realize how much you could do with PowerPoint. At Christmas I switched from Open Office to MS Office and started using MS Word. In January I was required to work with Excel, and now PowerPoint. They are all from the same stable which means a lot of the buttons do the same thing. I thought that text dancing across the screen was pretty cool. However, animations, music to suit, the occasional drum roll, the odd movie popped in for good measure. There is a lot more to PowerPoint than I was aware of. I was transfixed by the displays. I teach the younger students and I imagine that they would be transfixed as well. I think I will go to You Tube to try and find basic PowerPoint tutorial. Probably the most useful button in PowerPoint/Excel/Word is the ? button, the help files, they may have the answer to your question right there !

No comments:

Post a Comment